If you are interested in applying for a position, please complete the application!
The After School tutoring position at Peacemakers is for individuals dedicated to academic enhancement of the children in the South Rocky Mount community.
The desired candidate will be :
High School senior or older
Have a passion for working with elementary school children
Ability to comprehend and help with homework of 1st – 5th grade subjects
Energetic and creative
The After School Tutor is generally responsible for facilitating the efficient, safe, and effective classroom for the After School Program.
The After School Tutor has the following responsibilities:
- Following the weekly program agenda
- Maintaining attendance records
- Maintaining classroom control
- Helping/leading volunteering tutors on classroom procedures when working in your
- Providing each student with a set amount of time of one-on-one tutoring.
- Participating in staff development training
- Overseeing development of quarterly Individual Service Plans
- Communicating with parents
- Developing and enforcing policies that ensure the safety of all program participants
- Monitoring and requesting supplies
- Other duties as assigned by the After School Coordinator